So this is it - I leave in the morning! I will be boarding a tiny little, 3 seat across Embraer with my super cute Anne Klein zebra luggage and my lime green carry-on (Thanks, Grandma!) and heading straight for DFW.
![]() |
| Packing complete! And if you can't already tell by the wagging tail in the corner, Graham helped. |
I'd be lying if I said it has hit me yet. I'll be going on 22 different visits in the span of 3 1/2 months after this 2 1/2 weeks of crunch-time training. Holy cow.
Am I excited? Like you wouldn't believe.
Am I nervous? Absolutely.
Missing flights, losing luggage, traveling alone and straining relationships with my close friends are ALL things that I'm scared of...but then I take a breath. And then I thank the Lord that I'm avoiding corporate cubicles and putting off the endless studying that accompanies graduate school for another year. I have been given this amazing opportunity and I will make the best of it.
And drum roll, please! For those of you who haven't seen it yet - here is my schedule:
| Aug 10-15 | Delta State | Cleveland, MS | |
| Aug 15-19 | Mississippi State | Starkville, MS | |
| Aug 19-23 | Southern Mississippi | Hattiesburg, MS | |
| Aug 23-26 | Louisiana-Lafayette | Lafayette, LA | |
| Aug 26-30 | Rhodes | Memphis, TN | |
| Aug 30-Sept 3 | West Georgia | Carollton, GA | |
| Sept 3-6 | BREAK | ||
| Sept 6-13 | UT Dallas | Richardson, TX | |
| Sept 13-21 | UC Merced | Merced, CA | |
| Sept 21-25 | UC San Diego | LaJolla, CA | |
| Sept 25-29 | Brenau | Gainesville, GA | |
| Sept 29-Oct 3 | BREAK | ||
| Oct 3-7 | TexasA&M - CC | Corpus Christi, TX | |
| Oct 7-11 | Stephen F. Austin | Nacogdoches, TX | |
| Oct 11-15 | UT Arlington | Arlington, TX | |
| Oct 15-19 | Texas Tech | Lubbock, TX | |
| Oct 19-23 | Northern Arizona | Flagstaff, AZ | |
| Oct 23-27 | Oregon | Eugene, OR | |
| Oct 27-31 | BREAK | ||
| Oct 31-Nov 4 | Jacksonville | Jacksonville, FL | |
| Nov 4-8 | Iowa | Iowa City, IA | |
| Nov 8-12 | Iowa State | Ames, IA | |
| Nov 12-16 | UT Dallas | Richardson, TX | |
| Nov 16-19 | Kentucky | Lexington, KY | |
| Nov 19-23 | Centre | Danville, KY | |
| Nov 23-27 | BREAK | ||
| Nov 27-Dec 7 | OPEN | To be filled. | |
| Dec 7-13 | Mid Year Training | Arlington, TX |
So in the name of silver, gold and blue, I'm off to reunite with my 6 fellow traveling field consultants. Rumor has it we're going to be best friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment